Here a simple, but very yummy rice base casserole.
Ready in: 45 Min (15m prep, 30m cook) | Serves: 6 - 8 | Complexity: Medium
- 6 Cups Cooked Rice (find our recipe here)
- 2 cups seasond and cooked ground beef (pork or chicken would work great as well)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar (Divided)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs Fresh Basil
- 2 cups chopped spinach (washed)
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 tbs oil
- Place oil in a frying pan, heat, add onions, after 2 minutes add spinach and cook until onions are well golden.
- In a large bowl mix rice, recently cooked onions/spinach, basil, 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar and ground beef.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Now pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the rice and mix all together.
- Place the mix into an oven safe pan and add remaining cheese over it.
- Cook for 30 minutes and serve.
Our very own little taster gave us a thumbs UP.