That is until one day I decided to make something with all of it. Now after every Habichuela con Dulce we season the bean meat and make yummy patties.
Ready in: 40 Minutes (15 Prep - 25min Bake) | Serves: 2 - 4 | Complexity: Very Easy
- 3 can of red beans (drained and blended - meat of pulp)
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Cooking non-stick spray
- 350 degree fahrenheit or 150 degree celsius
- Place bean meat/pulp into a bowl, add ingredients one by one (bread crumbs, oregano, chopped peppers, shredded Mozzarella cheese, salt, black pepper, egg, and melted butter)
- Mix well, if you find that the mixture is extremely sticky you can add more bread crumbs.
- Take an oven save pan a spray it with non-stick cooking spray
- Make patties, we like to make them small (3 to 3 1/2” diameter) because the girls like them like that, but you can make them as big as you like.
- Place into the preheated oven for 25 minutes
- Take out and serve.
At just 5 years of age, Kira loves to help in the kitchen and she is even coming up with some recopies of her own, but we will not get into that right now.
Enjoy these Red bean Patties with your family and friends any day of the week.