They turned out to be a sweet, smooth bar, interesting enough to keep wanting more Keep reading to find out how easy they are to make.
Ready in: 55 Minutes (5 Prep - 50 Cook) | Serves: 8 - 10 | Complexity: Medium
- 3 cans of Red beans
- 6 oz of Cream Cheese (soften)
- 1 can Condense Milk
- 1/2 can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 9” square baking pan with cooking spray and line pan with parchment paper, leaving enough extra to extend over the sides.
- Strain and rinse red beans, place in a blender with evaporated milk.
- Add to a large pot with condense milk and cinnamon sticks, cook at medium-hight heat for about 15 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, mix well, continue to cook at low heat, stirring occasionally until it has a thick consistency .
- Meanwhile unroll the pie crust and make a 9" square and place into the oven safe pan. Set aside
- Remove mixture from stove and let cool for at least 30 minutes
- Spread a layer of bean mixture over the pie crust
- add a layer of raising and cranberries (1/4 cup each), and a layer of shredded coconut.
- repeat layers starting with a layer of pie crust and bean mixture
- Make strips of about 1/4” thick and 3” long of pie crust set them as the very last layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, open oven and sprinkle with remaining shredded coconut bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving
- After it has cool-down cut as desired and garnish with coconut syrup
I love to have them with a glass of milk.
These Sweet Bean Bars (Barras de Habichuela con dulce) are a great conversation starter.
Have fun, and Enjoy!!