Arepitas the Maiz are tasty, simple and fast to make; also know as: arepas fritas or fritatas de maiz.
Ready in: 20 Minutes (7 Prep - 13 cook/fry) | Serves: 6 - 8 | Complexity: Easy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 large egg (2 if small)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 1 cup frying oil
- Place a pot over medium heat add water, milk, butter, salt, aniseed, cinnamon, and sugar; bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- while constantly stirring add cornmeal, mix well.
- Lastly add egg(s).
- Add oil to frying a pan and bring to medium heat.
- Pour the mix one spoonful at a time into frying pan.
- Fry for a few minutes and turn over remove from oil when they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Tell us if you liked them.