Ready in: 95 Minutes (15 Prep - 35 min cool down - 45 Cook) | Serves: 8 | Complexity: Medium
- 8 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups water (for boiling)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 bag of large marshmallow
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 4 tbs Powder Cinnamon divided (3 and 1)
- 1 tbs butter (optional)
- cherries for garnishing.
- Peal and cube sweet potatoes
Add water to pot and boil sweet potatoes for about 15 min or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove from water, mash, add 1tbs cinnamon and set aside to cool down.
- In a sauce pan, combine pineapple, butter, sugar and remaining cinnamon. Bring to boil and reduce heat for 5 more min. Set aside.
- After sweet potato have cool down make 1.5" round balls, place on a baking sheet one by one, pressing down and creating 2" round patties, after completing the sheet but in freezer for a min of 30min. (I have even left them overnight)
- Remove from freezer, add a tablespoon of the pineapple mix over each of the patties.
- Take a large marshmallow cut in 3 parts on the long side and place over pineapple of a patty, repeat process until complete all patties. (See picture above)
- Place uncovered baking sheet in oven, bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and marshmallow are turning gold on top
- Remove from oven and place half cherry on top.
- Server immediately or warm before serving for a better taste.
Eat by itself or as a side dish.