I have a friend that love for me to add more onions and garlic to this recipe, feel free to adjust as preferred.
Ready in: 40 Minutes + 1H (15 prep, 25 cook, 1h rest ) | Serves: 4 - 6 | Complexity: Medium
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbs chopped onions
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Salt (separated 3 + 1/4)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- Frying Pan
Peel and cut eggplant into very small cubes (they don't have to be perfect), place in bowl, add salt. (Set aside for 1 hour)
While we wait for eggplants to release it's waters, we can prep the rest of the ingredients:
- Partially peel zucchini and cut into very small cubes, set aside
- Cut onions and garlic in small slices.
- After an hour has gone by, drain and wash the eggplants with plenty of water, repeat the wash a few times to remove excess of salt.
- Place frying pan on stove at low to medium heat, add EVOO, garlic and onions.
- When onions are starting to turn light golden (not all the way cook) add zucchini.
- Cook zucchini half way and add Eggplants and oregano.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes, moving occasionally, then add milk and water.
- Reduce liquid or cook until all ingredients are well cooked and tender.