In this version we are using water, some people like to substitute the water for coconut milk, it gives this dessert a different taste and I love both verstions.
Ready in: 60 Min | Serves: 4-6 | Complexity: Easy
- 2 cups White Rice
- 1 can evaporated Milk
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 5 cups of water (divided: 2, 2 & 1)
- dash of salt
- Soak rice in 2 cups of water for a min of 30 minutes
- Meanwhile in 1 cup of water bring to a boil cinnamon & cloves
- Pour remaining water (2 cups) in large pot (Teflon) and bring to a boil,
- add cinnamon mix water (use colander to avoid the sticks and cloves - disregard) and salt
- drain rice and discard this water
- mix rice into boiling water, stir occasionally to avoid sticking
- reduce water by 80%, make sure the rice is as tender as you would like it (it will not soften more after this point)
- add all remaining ingredients.
- stir occasionally until it's reach the consistency of a pudding. (Varies by taste)
- Serve and garnish with powder cinnamon or a cherry on top.
And that is how you make rice pudding (Arroz con dulce), some like a small portion as a snack or dessert, others prefer to have a large plate and have it for breakfast or dinner.