No wearies we managed to bake a nice a good cake just in time.
Ready in: 40 Min | Serves: 6 - 8 | Complexity: Easy
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In another bowl soften butter and mix with sugar
- Add vanilla and eggs one by one and mixing well after each one
- Add flour mixture, cinnamon powder, and nutmeg, combine well
- Finally mash bananas and mix into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13inch baking pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- remove from oven and let cool down
- With a long sharp knife slice the cake by the middle to put the filling. We realized that we were out of time and we still had the filling and the frosting to make, my plan was to do a banana-vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- Make the banana pudding according to box directions.
- Spread some pudding on one side of the cake (no more than 1/4 of the pudding), add slices of banana
- Cover bananas with more pudding (again no more than 1/4 of the pudding)
- place the top half of the cake over the pudding and top with the remaining pudding (you should have about 1/2 of the pudding)
- Garnish with a piece of banana in the center
- And enjoy with the rest of the family.
Since we had not time we used a small box-mix of banana pudding as a toping, not only nobody notice but it tasted pretty good all together.
It turned out to be very good.