Simple and tasty Beef bottom round steak strips, marinade with spices, apples and pineapple
Ready in: 50 minutes (25 marinade + 5 prep + 20 cook) | Complexity: Easy
- 1.5 lb Beef bottom round steak strips
- 1 small Red bell pepper
- 1 peeled Carrot (use potato peeler)
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup freshly chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 large apple (peeld and cubed)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgen Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/3 cup Stir Fry Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let them sit in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add everything to a large skillet or wok and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes covered.
- After this time lower the temperature, and stir occasionally for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then uncover and continue to cook until sauce has reached your desired consistency.
- Serve with brown or wild rice.
This is it for our: Apple Pineapple Steak Strips
Fun educational activities or questions to do with little ones while preparing this recipe.
- Little ones can help cutting green onions (if they know how to use scissors).
- Ask the color of the different ingredients.
- Have them count the ingredients or the steak strips.
- Children can help mixing the ingredients in the bowl.
- You can talk to them about the different types of pots, in this case we used a wok.
- Ask your little one to identify the shortest or smallest stake strip.
Little ones can always learn something new, help them along the way.
Little G about to have a taste of our meal...
Enjoy and have fun!!